Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sydney - The International Ankle Symposium




The main purpose of the trip was so that I could attend a research conference, the International Ankle Symposium. I gave a presentation and did some other things with the organization of the conference. The day before the conference started, I conducted some research in the laboratory of a friend and colleague, Dr. Claire Hiller, at the University of Sydney. The conference was great and I was energized with some ideas to work in the coming months. The talks that I and also my doctoral student, Kathryn Webster(pictured with me above), gave went very well.
The night that the conference ended, a big important rugby match between Australia (The Wallabies) and New Zealand (The All Blacks) was being televised. So, a group of us from the conference got together for dinner and to watch the game a a place called the Cargo Bar on Darling Harbor. In the picture I'm next to my friend Garrett from University College in Dublin, Ireland. We had a really great time, but unfortunately the Wallabies lost. I am now a Wallabies fan and am hoping to find a place here in Toledo to watch the upcoming games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home